Senior Android Developer (f/m/d)
Bulgaria, Sofia (stolitsa), SofiaEngineering
Wacom is the world's leading provider of Innovative Digital Ink Technologies, sharing 35 years of technology leadership with its many users, customers and partners in the creative community. Our products and services are used by industry leaders in cinema and 3D animation, design, digital art and game development. Wacom’s software provides ways to digitally create, store and share notes, sketches and creative ideas.
As part of Wacom’s business units, our Global Ink Division is responsible for Software Technology Research and Development. It was established in 2011, with main forces in Bulgaria, UK & US. Today for our growing office in Sofia with more than 50 employees, we are looking for Senior Android Applications Developer.
As a member of our Apps team, you will participate in the development of note-taking and sketching Android applications, part of Wacom’s Ecosystem, using Kotlin and Java. You will develop components and features with WILL™ 3, Wacom's new standard for digital ink. You will work closely with the tech lead and you will be also involved in collaboration with QA and design teams. This position requires a strong hands-on developer who will fully participate in the whole software development life cycle. Your role will require professional maturity and engineering mind-set.
• You will work together with 4 Android developers and other contractors
• You will perform development, maintenance and bug-fixing in projects that require the usage of different Wacom technologies for digital inking and cloud services
• You will assist with the technical design, planning and estimation of the documentation provided by product and design teams
• You will help to identify gaps in the design, as well as assess risks in the planning and execution
• You will cooperate and assist the QA teams to ensure faults and other problems are identified and fixed quickly.
• You will perform code reviews and assist with onboarding of new team members
• You will be involved in supporting and supervising the external contractors working with the team
• You will support setting up best practices, process improvements as well as the related documentation
• Your role will require to stay up-to date with the latest technology trends
• At least 4 years of experience in mobile application development with Android 5.0 and above
• Excellent level in Kotlin and Java, familiarity with best practices in Android development
• Excellent understanding of OOP concepts, SOLID principles, algorithms and design patterns
• Excellent understanding of the software development life cycle
• Experience with building complex multi-threaded applications
• Experience with GIT, pull requests and code reviews
• Self-driven person, highly motivated to acquire new skills and apply them in the ongoing projects
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent spoken and written English
• Leadership qualities, previous experience as lead developer in a project
• Experience with C++
• Experience with Computer Graphics : OpenGL, Vulkan or similar
• Experience with Continuous Integration tools and build process
• Experience with RESTful APIs
• Career in a global leader in digital technologies
• Positive and friendly environment
• Hybrid working model and flexible hours
• Annual bonus aligned to the employee’s contribution
• Additional health and dental insurance
• Great location, cosy office space
• Technical and soft-skills trainings & certificates
• Team buildings and internal events
• Covered transport expenses
To become a member of our global team please send us your application in English. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.